Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall is Here

Here is a hilarious piece about Autumn that my friend Yeon shared with me. It's written by Colin Nissan and published on McSweeneys Internet Tendencies. (Warning: laced with F-bombs).
---------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of, I absolutely love the fall season. I love that all things pumpkin-flavored make its appearance and the leaves turn lovely shades of red, orange, and yellow. I also love how the air starts to get crisp, with subtle hints that winter and the holidays are on their way.

In honor of that sentiment, I dragged Matt to the Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival this past weekend. I expected more, and we unfortunately were stuck in traffic for 2 hours getting there, and it was raining which means soggy shoes and cold feet. But the experience of huddling under a tiny umbrella while gorging on corn dogs, chowder in a bowl, and fried festival foods is priceless. We also had to endure a 2 hour drive back home thanks to my insistence on taking the "scenic-Hwy 1-but-makes-me-want-to-puke-from-the-windy-road" route. It's actually so scenic that I passed out as soon as we got on the road and left Matt to do all the driving. Oops.

Overall it was worth the other 4 hours we spent walking around admiring all things pumpkin. I highly doubt that we'll be going back again, unless we have a mini-Janet or mini-Matt to bring along.

Here's some pictures from our trip:

Also in honor of the glorious fall season, I picked up a quart of Trader Joe's (aka Pilgrim Joe's) Pumpkin flavored ice cream. Verdict: super delicious! Almost makes me want to mash in some pie crust and bake a turkey. Almost.

1 comment:

Passionate Eater said...

Looks like the trip to Half Moon Bay was definitely worth it, especially if you had corn dogs and chowder in a bread bowl!

Your purchase at Trader Joe's has me suddenly wanting all things pumpkin-flavored. Right now pumpkin cheesecake is number one on my list.